Monday, August 2, 2010

Reflections on My First Impressions of Paris


This weekend we went to Paris and I was a little surprised because it wasn't everything I had expected. After visiting London and other parts of England over the last two weeks I had certain expectations for the subway system, cleanliness, and ambiance of the city. In my opinion, London is kept much cleaner and neater than Paris. There was a lot of litter in and around the Metro stations as well as a lot of foul smells. I also did not notice the flower boxes and planters in Paris as I noticed in London. I have really enjoyed that aspect of London. It is so nice to walk through the city and see clean streets free of trash. The colorful flowers in boxes outside windows are so pleasing to the eye.

The areas I visited in Paris did seem rather crowded, but then again London is rather busy with people too. I wonder if Paris just struggles with maintenance due to so many visitors and overcrowding and has yet to figure out a good system to keep up with the high volume of people?

No comments:

Post a Comment